Rajasthan: Now report model code of conduct violations with ‘cVIGIL’ mobile app
The action will be taken by the EC team within 100 minutes after the photo or video of the breach is uploaded through the app.
Last Updated: October 9, 2018, 11:18 am
Jaipur: The Election Commission has launched a mobile application named 'cVIGIL' to get feedback from people about the violation of the model code of conduct. People in Rajasthan and other states can report violations such as the distribution of illegal inducements, black money and hate speech can be recorded via the app and using this app. The model code of conduct for assembly elections 2018 came into force in Rajasthan on Saturday. Political parties will not be allowed to organize rallies at public places. Strict action will be taken in cases of violation. The mobile application named 'cVIGIL' stands for "Citizens' Vigil". It has been launched to keep an eye on complaints related to the violation of the model code of conduct. The app is available on Google Play Store. Read also: Rajasthan assembly elections 2018 dates announced: Voting on December 7 If the complaint is found genuine, the EC officials will start initiating action within 100 minutes of the registration of that complaint in the app. A meeting was conducted at the EC headquarters on devising ways to make 'cVIGIL' app popular among electorates on Monday. Two nodal officers from the districts of every state were present. According to EC officials, the app will hide the complainant's phone number and identity so as to encourage information against high and mighty without any risk of subsequent possible backlash. The photos and videos will be automatically tagged by the geographical information system, and hence the surveillance teams will be directed to the correct place of the incident where the poll code is being violated, added Kumar. Features of the cVIGIL app.Click on the following link(s) to find the latest & related stories on: Rajasthan assembly election - 2018
- Anyone can complain against the breach of the model code of conduct through the 'cVIGIL' app by uploading a picture or video of the incident.
- The identity of the complainant will be kept anonymous.
- The action will be taken by the EC team within 100 minutes after the photo or video of the breach will be uploaded.
- The app requires an Android smartphone equipped with a camera, good Internet connection, and GPS access.
- This app will ensure prompt reporting of violation with proper evidence and in a time-bound manner.
- The app will work only during the time the model code of conduct (MCC) is in force in the state.
First published: October 9, 2018