RCA elections to be held on December 24
As per the schedule, the voting will take place on December 24 and the results will be announced on the same day.
JAIPUR: The elections of Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) will be organized on December 24. The newly elected Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Arora has released the election schedule. As per the schedule, the voting will take place on December 24 and the results will be announced on the same day.
- December 19: Voter list will be released
- December 20: Nominations will be filed
- December 21: Scrutiny of nomination papers will be conducted
- December 22: The final list of qualified candidates will be released
- December 23: The last date for withdrawing nominations
- December 24: Voting will take place
- December 24: The result will be announced after the counting of votes.
Vaibhav Gehlot is all set to file nomination for the post of president. His victory is believed to be certain as he has the backing of nearly more than 20 district cricket associations.
Rajasthan High Court had stayed the election process just before the voting over the appointment of RCA election officer. Retired IAS Ramlubhaya, who was made RCA election officer, resigned from his post.
The Rajasthan High Court’s stay came on a petition filed by office bearers of four district cricket associations. After the current RCA executive appointed Sunil Arora, the court lifted the stay.
RCA elections will be held for six posts – President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Joint Secretary and Executive Member.