Record 5 lakh passengers travel through Jaipur airport in February
Of the total passenger load, 92% were domestic passengers, and the remaining 8% were international passengers.
JAIPUR: The tourist season in Jaipur has led to a significant increase in the number of passengers travelling through the Jaipur airport. In February, a total of 4.70 lakh passengers travelled from Jaipur airport, which is higher than the pre-COVID level.
The effect of COVID-19 on air travel is now over, and a large number of tourists are visiting Jaipur, resulting in increased air traffic.
“There has been a significant increase in the number of tourists visiting the Golden Triangle including Jaipur. The tourist guides had been busy this season and this is great news for the industry,” said Sanjay Maheshwari, a Jaipur-based tourist guide.
The popular Jaipur monuments and other tourist attractions remained crowded with tourists since November.
“These comprised of international tourists as well as domestic tourists that visited Jaipur from other parts of the country,” he said.
This caused an increase in footfall at Jaipur airport. Compared to February last year, there has been a 55% increase in the number of passengers travelling from Jaipur airport this February.
Of the total passenger load, 92% were domestic passengers, and the remaining 8% were international passengers. On average, 15548 passengers travelled daily, while there were 64 daily flights operated.
In January 2023, the daily passenger load was 16990, which was higher than in February. The busiest domestic routes were Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore, while the popular international routes were Dubai, Sharjah, and Muscat.
Overall, the increase in air traffic is a positive sign for the tourism industry in Jaipur. The city is attracting more tourists, and the airport is handling the increased traffic efficiently. The trend is expected to continue, and more visitors are likely to come to Jaipur in the coming months.