Housing projects on industrial land in Jaipur: Here is what you need to know
Provisions made under Chief Minister Jan Awas Yojana.
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has made provisions for the construction of housing projects on industrial land under the Chief Minister Jan Awas Yojana. However, there are some conditions developers have to meet.
Read Also: Jan Awas Yojana in Rajasthan: Flat’s maximum price capped at Rs 2200 per sq feet
- The land earmarked for industrial use should be lying unoccupied for three years or more. If the industrial unit on it is lying defunct, permission can be given for a housing project.
- Developers have to secure a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from RIICO.
- Only after an NOC has been issued, urban development and housing (UDH) and related departments will give permission for the housing project.
- RIICO will denotify the land i.e. change the land use from industrial to residential.
- If any relaxation in reserve price was provided to the person for industrial use, it will be withdrawn and the person will have to pay for the land at the current DLC rate or market value.
- Only the person who was allotted the industrial land will be able to come up with the housing project. It was unclear whether he or she can sell the land to a developer after denotification.
The provision for the use of industrial land for housing projects may be beneficial to those people who couldn’t open industrial units or had to close them down.
Besides, illegal residential colonies have come up on RIICO land. The occupants are not able to get the property registered in their name due to disputes with RIICO. The land title will have to be cleared before land deeds are issued to occupants in these areas.