Jan Awas Yojana: builders can construct multi-storeys on 30 feet roads
Raj govt gives respites to builders for construction of affordable housing.
Last Updated: April 18, 2017, 9:42 am
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has given an array of respites to builders for construction of affordable housing under the Prime Minister Jan Awas Yojana. Read Also: Housing projects on industrial land in Jaipur: Here is what you need to know The Rajasthan government issued a new notification on Monday, providing relief to builders.
- The builders will now be able to launch housing projects on 5,000 square metre area. The minimum requirement was earlier 10,000 square metre.
- The builders will be able to construct G+3 buildings (four storey) on a 40-feet wide road.
- Builders will be able to construct up to 45 floor buildings (45 metres in height) when the road is wide.
- Builders won’t pay any reconstruction changes. They have also been exempted from land subdivision charges.
- The private developers have been given the option of depositing reserve price for 10 percent of the land area if they are unable to reserve this area for Economically Weaker Section (ESW) or Lower Income Group (LIG). Earlier, they didn’t have this option.
- If a piece of land allotted by RIICO has not been used to set up an industry, it can be used for housing projects. However, 50 percent of the area has to be reserved for EWS or LIG.
- If a builder constructs a project on a private land, he has to reserve 75 percent area for ESW-LIG. Residential dwellings can be built on the remaining area. In these projects, builders can construct a dwelling with a maximum height of 15 metres on a 12 metre road, 24 metre on a 18 metre roads, 36 metre on a 24 metre roads and 45 metre on a 30 feet road.
First published: April 4, 2017