Narendra Modi in Jaipur Live Updates: PM addresses people
The government has made elaborate arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Jaipur on Saturday. PM Modi is now in Jaipur. More than 8000 policemen are keeping an eye on the law and order situation and managing traffic. Find here live updates and latest news about Modi’s visit
Jaipur: The government has made elaborate arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Jaipur on Saturday. PM Modi is now in Jaipur. More than 8000 policemen are keeping an eye on the law and order situation and managing traffic. Find here live updates and latest news about Modi’s visit:
- 2.49 pm: Modi’s address comes to an end.
- The government is working towards doubling the income of farmers by 2022.
- Development has been the only Agenda of this Government. Effective service delivery has been our only objective
- When I was a BJP worker, I used to go on tours with Saini ji (Madan Lal Saini who was appointed Rajasthan BJP president).
- Everyone knows what happened to refinery project launched, says Modi.
- “Rajasthan has always poured affection on us. I greet the land of bravery, valour, sacrifice, loyalty “.
- Modi says Vasundhara Raje is a leader of masses.
- Modi says Rajasthan is known for hospitality. This event is a testimony to it.
- Modi addresses Raje as ‘sister’
- 2.15 pm: Prime Minister Narendra begins his address.
- Raje says it is for the first time in the country that an event at such a large scale has been organized for beneficiaries of government schemes.
- Raje introduces modi to individual beneficiaries of various government schemes.
- Raje greets Modi on behalf of 7 crore people of Rajasthan. She says that the government is committed to implement public welfare schemes, not just to launch them.
- 1.30 pm: Chief minister Vasundhara Raje is now addressing people.
- 125 pm: PM Modi unveiled 13 urban development projects worth Rs 2100 crore.
- Crowd of people at the venue cheered for Narendra Modi as the PM greeted them and waved his hands. Raje was also next to Modi.
- 1 pm: PM Modi has reached the public rally venue where he will address beneficiaries of various government schemes. He was accompanied by Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje.
- 12.55 pm: PM Modi’s copper arrives at SMS Stadium.
- 12.45 pm: PM leaves for SMS stadium in a chopper.
- 12.35 pm: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at Jaipur International Airport in an Indian Airforce aircraft. Many senior leaders including Vasundhara Raje are at the airport to welcome him. Modi will soon leave for SMS Stadium in a chopper.
- Buses carrying people started coming to Jaipur from Ajmer Road, Agra Road, Sikar Road, Tonk Road and Delhi Road.
- Heavy traffic movement was reported in several areas including Sanganer Circle, Durgapura, Gopalpura Puliya, Gandhi Nagar, Laxmi Mandi, Narayan Singh Circle, C-Scheme, Jawahar Circle, Apex Circle, Royalty Tiraha, Jawahar Nagar bypass, Sikar Road, JLN Marg, Panipech, Chinkara Canteen, Chomu House Circle, Park Prime Junction, Harmara, VKI, Government Hostel, Rajmahal T-Point.
- Several areas including Janpath, Hawa Sadak, Sahkar Marg, Sardar Patel Marg, Prithavi Raj Marg, Bhawani Singh Road, Pankaj Singhvi Marg have been declared as NO-PARKING zones. Traffic in these areas will be diverted as required.
- No traffic movement between Ambedkar Circle and State Assembly building. Pankaj Singhwi Marg will also be closed till Modi arrives in Jaipur.
- If you get stuck in traffic jam, you should call traffic control room number – 0141 – 2565630.
- Traffic department is using drones to keep an eye on the traffic in the city.
- Several private schools declared holiday in the event of Modi visit in Jaipur. Government schools however remained open as there were no orders from the administration to close the schools.
- Suspecting that some Congress leader could protest when Modi is in Jaipur, the city police have served legal notices on them and imposed prohibitory orders. The leaders include Suresh Mishra. There were reports on social media that these leaders were encouraging workers to release black balloons in protest of the visit.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Jaipur to address beneficiaries of nearly 12 government schemes on Saturday. He is expected to arrive at Jaipur International Airport around 12.40 pm and start his address at Amroodon Ka Bagh around 1.15 pm. He will be in Jaipur for over two hours.
People will be able to watch the PM’s address streaming live at SMS Stadium.
Here are the 12 schemes that will be the highlight of the Modi’s visit:
- Ujjawal Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (urban and rural)
- National Child Health Scheme
- Rajshree Scheme
- Bhamashah Health Insurance Scheme
- Scooty distribution to girl students
- Palanhar Scheme
- Senior Citizen Pilgrimage Scheme
- Labour Cards Scheme
- Skill India
- Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan
- Mudra Scheme
Modi will also watch the visual presentation of 12 beneficiaries. The presentation will be handled by chief minister Vasundhara Raje herself.
Modi will also likely to launch urban development schemes worth Rs 21,00 crore. The schemes will be meant for Udaipur ,Ajmer, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Hanumangarh, Sikar, Mount Abu, Dholpur, Nagaur, Alwar, Jodhpur, Bundi and Kota city. Here are some of the project that Modi may announce to launch:
- Integrated development package for old Udaipur
- Elevated Road Scheme for Ajmer
- Water supply and sewerage schemes for Ajmer, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Hanumangarh, Sikar and Mount Abu
- STP for Dholpur, Nagaur and Bikaner
- Dussehra Ground Phase – 2 development in Kota
Buses have been declared toll and permit free on the day of the PM’s visit. A government employee has been appointed as coordinator for each bus coming to Jaipur. Control rooms have been set up in each district.