‘Nuevas GPS’ mobile app to track JMC garbage collection vehicles in Jaipur
The mobile application was introduced around six months ago by the company to limit the complaints about garbage collection vehicles. But, the reach of this app remained low. Until now, only 1000+ mobile users have downloaded this app.
Jaipur: Several complaints about door to door garbage collection vehicle scheme has been reported since its launch in Jaipur. Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) in association with a private firm BVG launched a mobile application ‘Nuevas GPS’ to track hoopers in every ward of the city. Live tracking of the garbage collection vehicle can be conducted through this app and on the official website. People can estimate what time the Hooper will be at their doorstep for collecting garbage.
The mobile application was introduced around six months ago by the company to limit the complaints about garbage collection vehicles. But, the reach of this app remained low. Until now, only 1000+ mobile users have downloaded this app. The officials of the firm are now making efforts to maximize the reach of this online system, so that more and more people can benefit from it.
According to BVG officials, the users will be able to check the current status of the garbage collection vehicles and can know how much time it will take for a Hooper to reach their locality. Live tracking and all the essential details will be provided through the app and on the website. Phone number and name of the driver will also be provided.
There are 91 wards under the jurisdiction of Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC). Vehicle Tracking System (VPS) is installed in 841 garbage collecting vehicles (Hoopers). More than 500 complaints are received daily about the garbage collection scheme and the negligent nature of the drivers of these hoopers.
- The Process of tracking the ‘garbage collecting vehicle’ online:
- Go to Google play store\iPhone app store and type ‘Nuevas GPS’ in the search option.
- Download the mobile application.
- Or, you can go to the website http://www.nuevastech.com
- Login with username, bvgswnjmm and password bvgswnjmm123
- A webpage will open with all the essentials details including vehicle number, vehicles’ current address, vehicles’ live status and its arrival time.
- Search your vehicle by selecting your area zone.