Now add your name in the voters’ list using your phone or PC
EC has launched an online portal to facilitate voters. You can revise details in the electoral rolls and add your name to the voter's list.
Jaipur: Election Commission (EC) has gone digital with electoral registration process. Now, new voters will not have to run from pillar to post to get their name registered in the voter’s list. Details of the voters can be added through their phones and computers directly.
According to a commission official, the department has already started the online portal to make it easier for voters to register themselves. Voters can not only get all the details about the electoral roll, but also can know the name of the BLO (Booth level officer) and revise details in the voters’ list. They can add their name to the voter’s list using the official website.
The EC organizes booth-wise camps to register voters, but the entire process can be handled digitally. You can register yourself by visiting the website from your mobile and computer. All you need to do is upload your documents related to age and address to the website.
Here is how o add your name to voters’ list:
- First, you have to go to the official website of National Voters services portal http://www.nvsp.in/
- By clicking on “Apply online for the registration of new voters” you can proceed further.
- A form will open in which you need to fill up your details like Name, Age, Address, DOB etc.
- You will have to upload three documents including age proof, photograph and address proof.
- After filling up the form and clicking on ‘submit’ your application will be uploaded and the notification related to your registration in electoral polls will be sent to your phone.