Jaipur to ‘unlock’ tomorrow; Lockdown restrictions eased
Jaipur: Since the Rajasthan government released modified lockdown guidelines on Monday, confusion was prevailing on whether these relaxations were applicable to Jaipur. The home department has now cleared the confusion. Markets in Jaipur will open from Wednesday from 6 am to 11 am, except for those in malls and air-conditioned shopping complexes.
“There must be no confusion regarding this because the infection rate has been lower than 10% in Jaipur for the past several days. The home department guidelines clearly state that the modified lockdown will come into effect at places where the infection rate is lower than 10%,” said a senior Jaipur administration officer.
Non-AC shopping complexes will also open; however, not to their full capacity. If any negligence in following Covid-19 protocol causes the infection rate to go up, the markets will be closed again, warned the official. Strict action will be taken against commercial establishments that don’t follow specified Covid-19 protocols. The lockdown restrictions will be in effect from 12 pm to 5 am.
The following types of businesses and activities will be allowed
- All markets except malls and AC shopping complexes.
- All government offices.
- Travelling in a private vehicle within the district till 12 pm
- Fruit, vegetable shops, and mandies from 6 am to 11 am.
- Dairies from 6 am to 11 pm and 5 pm to 7 pm.
- Banks and financial institutions till 2 pm.
- E-Mitra, Aadhar centres till 4 pm.
- Petrol pumps till 12 pm
- Home delivery by restaurants till 10 pm
- The takeaway from 6 am to 11 am from restaurants and sweet shops
- Snacks to be sold on carts
The following types of businesses and activities will not be allowed:
- Hatwada, fairs, large gatherings
- AC markets, malls, AC shopping complexes, cinema halls, theatres, multiplexes, swimming pools, gyms, auditoriums, stadiums, parks,
- Schools, colleges, coaching, libraries
- City buses