City Reports

Jaipur: Fire at MLA quarters near Rajasthan assembly embarrasses administration

Fire broke out following high voltage power supply.

| Updated:
December 17, 2017 5:25 pm
fire

Representative image.

Jaipur: Electrical equipment including ACs, lights and ROs in large number were gutted in MLA quarters near Rajasthan assembly building on Sunday morning. Not only that, a minor fire broke out at the quarter belonging to Shatrughan Gautam, parliamentary secretary from Ajmer’s Kekri. Gautam was not present when the fire started.

The incident has embarrassed the administration as it was reported due to high voltage power supply, preliminary investigation has found.

One Rajendra who was sleeping in the MLA quarter belonging to Guatam saw smoke emanating out of Guatam’s room. It created panic. When he rushed inside, he saw the bed on fire. He immediately informed the police control room following which a fire tender was rushed to the spot.

It was later found that the high voltage power caused short-circuit resulting in the fire.

There are 56 MLA quarters in the west wing of the premises. The incidents of equipment breaking down due to high voltage power were reported from at least 16 of them.

First published: December 17, 2017
Subscribe to WhatsApp updates for Jaipur News