Jaipur Airport record breaking passenger numbers in December
Most of these passengers, 94 percent to be exact, flew domestically while the remaining 6 percent flew internationally.
JAIPUR: In December 2023, Jaipur International Airport saw a record movement of 518,453 passengers. This is the highest number of passengers in the past decade. Most of these passengers, 94 percent to be exact, flew domestically while the remaining 6 percent flew internationally.
The report from Jaipur Airport states that out of these passengers, 486,102 traveled within India and 32,351 traveled to foreign countries.
According to the Airport Authority, there was an increase of 8.3 percent in passenger traffic for December. This can be attributed to Rajasthan being a popular tourist destination.
In addition to this record-breaking passenger traffic, there were also a total of 4,447 aircraft movements at Jaipur Airport last month. Among them were non-scheduled flights numbering at 674.
Currently, Jaipur airport offers flights to over twenty cities and has limited weekly flights going to Dubai and Muscat as well as Bangkok.
Overall it’s been a busy month for Jaipur International Airport with high numbers in both passenger traffic and aircraft movements.