Indian railways to introduce ‘ePatrolling app’ for passenger safety in trains
It will be introduced for trains in Delhi- Mumbai via Jaipur sections after its successful testing at some other major stations of the country.
- Prefabricated QR codes will be installed in the trains. The RPF officials on duty will be made to install the ePatrolling application in their mobile phones.
- In every two hours, RPF Jawaan on duty will have to scan the QR code placed in the train using the ePatrolling app.
- The Control room will get the live update and location of the RPF official every two hours after he\she will scan the QR code.
- The control room will be able to give any information regarding any emergency to the RPF official through the app.
- Control room officials will be able to trace the location of the on-duty staff and will be able to send them to any emergency spot accordingly.