Jaipur: Over 1500 policemen will be deputed at SMS Stadium for the India-New Zealand T20 International match on Wednesday. The cops have made all the necessary preparations to ensure security. Traffic will be diverted on six routes leading to SMS stadium where over 30,000 people will gather to enjoy the match. The match will begin at 7.30 pm.
DCP Traffic Shweta Dhankhar told heavy vehicles will not be allowed. Over 1500 policemen will be on duty at SMS Stadium. ATS and QRT teams have also been deployed. The police force from Jaipur Rural, Sikar, Alwar, and Dausa have also been deputed. Five IPS, 15 RPS, 20 inspectors will oversee the security arrangements. The parking areas and stadium will be under CCTV surveillance.
Here are the six routes where traffic will be diverted:
- Traffic plying on Tonk Road will be diverted from Gandhinagar turn towards Gandhi Circle and from RBI Cut towards Ganesh Mandir. Only spectators will be allowed.
- The traffic coming from JDA Chauraha towards Rambagh Chauraha will be diverted towards Gandhi Circle and Trimurti Circle except for the spectators.
- The normal traffic going from University Gate towards Mor will be diverted from Janta Store and diverted through a parallel route.
- The traffic coming from Statue Circle towards Polo Circle will be diverted from Statue Circle through a parallel route, except for the spectators.
- The traffic coming from Pankaj Singhvi Marg towards Vidhansabha Tiraha will be diverted if required. Only spectators will be allowed.
- During the cricket match, Roadways buses and mini buses will be diverted from Narayan Singh Tirahe to Prithviraj Tea Point, Prithviraj Road, Statue Circle, Park Prime, Chaumu House Circle.
First published: November 17, 2021