State

Four of a family consume poison; couple dies

| Updated:
December 11, 2019 8:31 pm
dead body death

Representative Image

Jaipur: A man, his wife and two children consumed poisonous substance in a hotel in Udaipur. While the couple died, the children have been admitted to a hospital in critical condition. The family belongs to Gujarat and had checked in the hotel telling the management that they were staying for a nap. The incident came to light when the daughter of the couple dragged herself to the reception and cried for help. When the hotel employees went into the room, the man and his wife were already dead.

SP Udaipur Kailash Chandra Bishnoi said that one Nainesh Hansmukhdas Shah had checked into hotel Harsh Palace around 12.30 pm on Wednesday along with his wife Damini, 15-year-old son Nand Shah and 13-year-old daughter Veeti. They told the receptionists that they were tourists and wanted a room to relax for a couple of hours. Around 1 pm, the hotel employees saw the daughter of Nainesh dragging herself out of the room. She was frothing at her mouth.

The employees rushed into the room and saw the dead bodies of Nainesh and his wife. The son was in pain. There was vomit all over the room.

The family is a resident of Mahta Vada Colony in Modasa area of Sabarkantha in Gujarat. The family had provided an Aadhaar Card to the hotel management. The police have contacted their relatives and are waiting for them to arrive.

The family first visited Nathdwara and then reached Udaipur on Wednesday. The hotel is situated in Goverdhan Vilas area.

First published: December 11, 2019
Subscribe to WhatsApp updates for Jaipur News