DigiLocker: Now traffic police in Jaipur can’t bug you to show original RC or driving license
When a traffic cop stops you in Jaipur next time, you don’t need to show him or her a hard copy of your original RC or driving license. All you need is your mobile phone with DigiLocker, an app launched by the central government, downloaded in it.
Jaipur: When a traffic cop stops you in Jaipur next time, you don’t need to show him or her a hard copy of your original RC or driving license. All you need is your mobile phone with DigiLocker, an app launched by the central government, downloaded in it.
The Rajasthan transport department and the traffic police have received orders from the central government to start accepting e-documents for verification.
Now, if any traffic police official stops you, you don’t need to show original driving license or registration paper of the vehicle. A digital form of the document stored in ‘DigiLocker’ app can be used for verification.
There is no need for people to carry original documents with them while travelling. The government recently launched the cloud based mobile application and website, DigiLocker, for generating e-documents on mobile. Documents saved in this app can be used for several purposes including Photo ID verification at airports and railway station, verification of driving license and RC to transport\traffic officials and much more.
A soft copy of the documents like driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, Car Registration, school\ college certificates and many other documents issued by the government can be stored in DigiLocker mobile application.
DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents.
Indian citizens after signing up in a DigiLocker account will get a cloud-storage space of up to 1GB and it will be linked to user’s Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. Organizations that are registered with Digital Locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving license, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens lockers. Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their legacy documents in their accounts. These legacy documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility.
How Digilocker works?
First the users will have to download the DigiLocker mobile application in their Android\iOS mobile operating system. After registering on the app, it will get linked to users’ Aadhar Card and users will be able to generate e-copies of their documents.
Steps to register in DigiLocker app.
- Download the app on the android\IOS system or visit https://digilocker.gov.in/
- Login to DigiLocker with your Phone number. You will receive an OTP (one-time password) for verification.
- Setup username and password.
- After logging into DigiLocker, you will see a dialog box with a message to get your eAadhaar.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar, after entering Aadhar card number.
- Enter this OTP and click “Verify OTP” button.
- On successful validation of the OTP you will be redirected to “Issued Document” page where URI for eAadhaar will be listed.
- You can upload other documents in the ‘uploaded’ section of App.