City Reports

9-year-old girl electrocuted while flying kite in Kardhani

The girl was electrocuted after the thread she was flying a kite with came in contact with high tension overhead electricity wires in Kardhani area.

January 12, 2019, 10:25 am

kites
The girl was electrocuted after the thread she was flying a kite with came in contact with high tension overhead electricity wires in Kardhani area. Jaipur: A nine-year-old girl was electrocuted after the thread she was flying a kite with came in contact with high tension overhead electricity wires in Kardhani area. The girl battled for life for five days at a hospital and succumbed to burn injuries on Saturday. The girl’s death has shocked her family members. Police said that the thread had metal which caused the electrocution. The girl was identified as Afreena Bano, a  resident of Ganesh Vihar area in Kardhani. The incident took place on January 5. She was on the rooftop flying a kite. Her father, a labourer was not home and other family members were downstairs. The family members heard a loud explosion. The power supply was snapped off. A neighbor saw the girl lying on the rooftop after she sustained severe burn injuries. She was admitted to the burn ward of SMS Hospital where the doctors declared her dead on January 9. The girl’s mother is drifting in and out of consciousness since her daughter died. The incident has once again exposed how thread made of metal is being sold in the market. The police had imposed a ban on the sale of Chinese manjha.

First published: January 12, 2019