State

3 electrocuted after bus comes in contact with overhead electricity wires

| Updated:
April 5, 2022 6:33 pm
bus electricity wires

Bus that came in contact with overhead electricity wires.

Jaipur: Three people including two siblings were electrocuted to death after the bus they were travelling in came in contact with overhead electricity wires in Jaisalmer district on Tuesday. Eight other bus passengers sustained burn injuries. Many passengers had to jump off the overcrowded bus to save their lives. People were sitting on the rooftop of the bus.

The mishap occurred around 10 am near Polji’s Dairy village in Jaisalmer. The people of Khiniya and Khuiyala villages had hired the private bus to attend a religious fair. While returning, some people in the overcrowded bus set on the roof. These passengers came in contact with the overhead electricity wires.

In the accident, Rana Ram (60), Narayana Ram (55) and Padmaram Karana (42) were electrocuted to death. Prabhu Ram (30), was seriously injured, so he was referred to Jodhpur. Seven others are also learned to have sustained burn injuries. SP Bhanwar Singh said that the injured were brought to Jawahir Hospital, where their treatment is going on.

According to the police, PWD was carrying out road construction work. The electricity wires were hanging low. The bus driver was unaware of this following which the vehicle came in contact with the wire. The villagers had complained to the electricity department about the dangling wires. But the officials didn’t pay attention.

According to the police, the bus had a capacity of accommodating 56 passengers; however, the number of passengers at the time of the accident was over 70.

First published: April 5, 2022
Subscribe to WhatsApp updates for Jaipur News