11 illegal marriage gardens seized in Jaipur, drive to continue
Of 1100 marriage gardens operational, only 583 are registered.
Jaipur: Waking up from a deep slumber after Bharatpur wedding tragedy claimed 24 lives, the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) seized 11 marriage gardens in the city on Saturday.
Here is the list of 11 marriage garden which were seized:
- Shivam Marriage Garden (Amber)
- Gauri House (Amber)
- Jagirdar Marrigage Garden (Amber)
- Amber Bagh Garden (Amber)
- Farm house belonging to one Sitaram in Jaisinghpura Khor
- Kalal Marriage Garden (Ramgarh Mod)
- SL Marriage Garden (Ramgarh Mod)
As an estimate there are nearly 1100 marriage gardens in the city. Of them, only 583 are registered. Others are illegal.
Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje had ordered a strict action against illegal marriage gardens in the state following the Bharatpur tragedy. The government directed all local bodies and municipal corporation to launch a drive seize all illegal marriage halls and gardens. The government has asked districts to ensure the compliance and submit a report by June 10.