Youth electrocuted in Jaipur after coming in contact with a charging e-Rickshaw
The victim’s father has taken legal action by filing a case against the e-rickshaw's owner.
JAIPUR: In a bizarre incident, a young man lost his life in Jaipur due to electrocution while passing by an e-rickshaw.
The incident occurred when the e-rickshaw, belonging to a tenant residing on the first floor, was being charged outside the house.
The victim, identified as Pawan Sahu (18), suffered severe burns upon unintentionally coming into contact with the e-rickshaw. Pawan succumbed to his burn injuries while undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Following the completion of the post-mortem examination at Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, the police handed over Pawan’s body to his grief-stricken family. Pritam Sahu, the father of the deceased, has taken legal action by filing a case against the e-rickshaw’s owner, alleging negligence leading to his son’s untimely demise.
According to the police, Pawan, a resident of Khedli in Alwar, had been residing with his family in Jaipur for the past 15 years. Shahzad Hussain, a tenant occupying the house’s first floor, operated the e-rickshaw involved in the tragic incident. On Monday night, Shahzad parked the e-rickshaw outside the residence and connected it to an overhead power source for charging.
Tragedy struck around 10:30 pm when Pawan inadvertently touched the e-rickshaw while passing by. The high voltage of the electric current coursing through the vehicle resulted in severe burns, leaving him in critical condition.
Pawan’s relatives rushed him to the hospital, hoping for his recovery. However, despite the best efforts of medical professionals, his injuries proved fatal.
Pawan’s grieving father, Pritam, has lodged a case against Shahzad, the tenant, holding him responsible for his son’s death due to alleged negligence. The authorities are currently investigating the incident thoroughly to ascertain the circumstances that led to this tragic loss of life.