Vande Bharat Express to connect Jaipur with Udaipur, Sriganganagar, Jodhpur, and Jaisalmer
India's first semi-high-speed train, the Vande Bharat Express has the maximum speed of 180 kmph and was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 15.
- Vande Bharat Express is the first semi high-speed train of India, which is completely made in the country under ‘Make in India’ project.
- Its exterior structure looks like the Bullet train of foreign countries and interiors like the airplane.
- It has 16 air-conditioned coaches of which two are executive class such as Business class and Economy class. The total seating capacity is 1,128 passengers.
- All coaches are equipped with automatic doors, GPS-based audio-visual passenger information system, onboard hotspot WiFi for entertainment purposes, emergency gates, Charging points, and very comfortable seating. All toilets are a bio-vacuum type. The lighting is dual mode, that is diffused for general illumination and personal for every seat.
- From Delhi to Varanasi, an air-conditioned chair car ticket cost Rs 1,760 and the executive class fare is Rs 3,310 inclusive of catering charges.