Schools for students of Class, 6, 7, 8 to reopen in Jaipur on Feb 8
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has allowed school to reopen for the students of Class 6, Class 7 and Class 8. The classes for these students will be held from Feb 8. As the number of COVID-19 cases has decreased in the state, the government are lifting several restrictions on colleges, cinema halls, multiplexes, theatres and swimming pools in Jaipur and across the state. Up to 200 people will be allowed to attend social and other types of gatherings.
The following relaxations have been annouced by the government:
- Schools for students of classes from 6 to 12 will be allowed with 50% attendance from February 8.
- Colleges for first- and second-year students to open with 50% attendance from February 8
- Theatres and multiplexes to open with 50% capacity from February 8
- Swimming pools and clubs will be allowed to function
- Social, religious and other types of functions with an attendance of up to 200 people to be allowed.
The Rajasthan government had already allowed schools to open for the students of Class 9, 10, 11 and 12. Only 50% attendance will be allowed for all the classes – from 6 to 12. The same restrictions have been imposed on the attendance of first- and second-year college students. The colleges for first- and second-year students will reopen on February 8.
“The schools will need to follow COVID-19 guidelines and other health protocols. Proper hand sanitization, masks, and distancing in classes will be mandatory. We will keep reviewing the COVID-19 situation and may either remove or impose certain restrictions again,” said a senior government officer.