Rajasthan University (RU) election result 2017: Get Live Updates
Counting of votes to begin at 1 pm.
Jaipur: Rajasthan University election – 2017 results have come out. The counting of votes began at 1 pm. The result will start coming in at 2 pm. Keep coming back to this page as we will update the results live throughout the day. Here are some live updates for the RU election result till now:
- Rajasthan University: Independent candidate Pawan Yadav has been elected president of Rajasthan University student union. Yadav won by a margin of 2656 votes. Read the full story: ABVP rebel Pawan Yadav elected president of Rajasthan University (RU)
- Rajasthan University: Manvendra Budania of NSUI has been elected general secretary. He got 6082 vote. Read the full story: Manvendra Budania elected RU general secretary, accuses NSUI of ‘casteism’.
- Rajasthan University: Manisha Meena of ABVP has been elected joint secretary. She got 5091 votes.
- Rajasthan University: Mahima Choudhary of NSUI has been elected vice-president. Mahima got 2649 votes.
- Maharani College: President – Neha Yadav, general secretary – Sangeeta Roy, vice president – Zebunisha and joint secretary Poonam Sanwaria. Neha defeated Ekta by a margin of 103 votes. Read the full story: Winning candidates in Jaipur: Maharani, Maharaja, Rajasthan and Commerce College
- Rajasthan College: Mahendra Degada has been elected president. He got 651 votes. Shivprasad has been elected vice-president. Rahul Sharma has been elected general secretary, Akash Meena has been elected joint secretary. Akash got 534 votes. Read the full story: Winning candidates in Jaipur: Maharani, Maharaja, Rajasthan and Commerce College
- Maharaja College: Harshvardhan Singh has been elected president. Lalit Kishor Saini has been elected joint secretary.Radheyshyam Dhakad has been elected as general secretary. Chandraprakash Kumawat has been elected vice-president. Read the full story: Winning candidates in Jaipur: Maharani, Maharaja, Rajasthan and Commerce College
- Commerce College: Akash – President, Rohit Meena – vice – president, Manoj Meena – general secretary, Tanmay Jain – joint secretary. Akash got 881 votes. Rohit got 793 votes. Manoj recieved more than 700 votes and Tanmay got 848 votes. Read the full story: Winning candidates in Jaipur: Maharani, Maharaja, Rajasthan and Commerce College
- Kanodia College: President – Ganga Sharma, vice-president – Sakshi Tanwar, general secretary-Chanchal Meena, joint secretary – Shailja Meena
- Jaipur College: President – Hari Om Singhal, vice-president –Abhishek Choudhary, general secretary-Mukesh Kumar Saini, joint secretary – Yogesh Kumar Sharma
- Jaipur Law College (5 year): Vikram Singh was elected president.
- Jaipur Law College (morning): Bharat Singh was elected president
- Jaipur Law College (evening): Shashank Singh elected president.
- Commerce College, Jaipur: Akash Rathore was elected.
- Jaipur Sanskrit University: ABVP candidates win at all four top posts including president, general secretary, vice-president and joint secretary. Anurag Sharma becomes the president of Sanskrit University. He won by a margin of 122 votes. This is the historic win of ABVP in Sanskrit University after 2012. There were 88 votes.
- In Rajathan College, Commerce College, Maharaj College and Maharani College, the counting has begin.
- The counting has begin. Videography of the entire process is being done.
- While the counting of votes for apex panel is taking place in the university premises, the same for other candidates is taking place in respective constituent colleges.
- Entry of mediapersons into the counting booths has been banned.
- Heavy police force has been deployed at the university as well as its constituent colleges in Jaipur to maintain law and order.
- More than 1000 policemen have been deputed throughout the city.
- The police have banned victory processions. Officials said that strict action will be taken against those gathering to celebrate the victory.
- While the classes at RU and its colleges are not being held, a steady stream of students is making their way into the university premises.
Voting for student union elections in seven universities including Rajasthan University and 175 constituent government colleges took place on August 28.
Rajasthan University reported a turnout of nearly 51 percent. It was 58 percent in 2016. Of the total 23,662 voters, 12205 cast their votes.
Nine student leaders contested in the elections that took place on August 28. NSUI’s Deepak Kumar Meena was up against Sanjay Machedi of ABVP for the presidential post. Pawan Yadav who became a dissident after he was not given a ticket by ABVP fought as an independent candidate. Many believe Yadav have a good shot at winning the elections.
The fight for the post of general secretary will be among eight candidates.
NSUI’s Manvendra Budania fought against ABVP Rakesh Yadav.
Seven students were in the fray for the post of vice-president.
Mahima Choudhary from NSUI, Ritu Choudhary from ABVP, Romani from CYSS and four other independent candidates – Harish Choudhary, Leeladhar Meena, Rahul Bhaskar and Tara Badotia will fight for the post of vice-president.
For the post of joint secretary, there are four candidates – Asharam Choudhary, Manish Meena, Ramesh Gujjar and Ramesh Kumar – are in the fray. Ishwar Singh Sekhawat and Suman Kumari are fighting for the post of RR.
Here is the complete list of candidates for all posts:
President: Deepak Kumar Meena (NSUI), Sanjay Machedi (ABVP), Vishwendra Singh (CYSS), Pawan Yadav, Rahul Bhakar, Dilip Kumar Meena and Sanjay Singh
General secretary: Manvendra Budania (NSUI) and Rakesh Yadav (ABVP), Aftab Gauran, Pawan Yadav, Dilkush Meena (CYSS), Manish Khinchi, Hemant Yadav and Rajesh Kumar Palsania
Vice president: Mahima Choudhary (NSUI), Ritu Choudhary (ABVP), Romani (CYSS), Harish Choudhary, Leeladhar Meena, Rahul Bhaskar and Tara Badotia
Joint secretary: Asharam Choudhary, Manish Meena, Ramesh Gujjar and Ramesh Kumar