Career & Edu
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Rajasthan: Eligibility, Guidelines, How to Apply
The extent of financial support is determined depending on the annual income of the family.
Jaipur: Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence aims at providing financial support to bright students from Rajasthan for pursuing education at renowned foreign colleges and universities.
The scheme was announced by chief minister Ashok Gehlot on August 20, 2021 and launched on August 5, 2021. The extent of financial support is determined depending on the annual income of the family.
The last date for applying for the scholarship in 2022 was July 15. The scheme is managed by the higher education department of the Rajasthan government.
The eligibility criteria for selection for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship
- The maximum age limit is 35 years on the 1st of July.
- The applicant must be a bonafide resident of the state
- He or she must have obtained an offer letter from any of the top 150 universities of the world (excluding India). The list is updated based on the latest QS World University Ranking.
- 15 scholarships are reserved for undergraduate courses in medical and dentistry studies and engineering. The student applying in this category must have obtained admission or an offer letter from any of the top 25 universities in the respective category as per the QS World University Ranking.
- 30% of the total scholarship are reserved for
- The government has offered a total of 200 scholarships
Expenses covered under Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme
It depends on the annual income of the family. The scheme gives preference to candidates coming from families with an annual income of less than Rs 8 lakh. If the scholarship awards lay vacant after selecting students under this category, the applications from candidates from higher-income families are considered.
- Gross income less than 8 lakh: The government will cover the full tuition fee along with other expenses including accommodation (the maximum limit of other expenses is Rs 12 lakh per year)
- Gross income between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 25 lakh: The government covers full tuition fees and 50% of other expenses including accommodation.
- Gross income higher than 25 lakh: The government pays for only the tuition fee. The other expenses have to be covered by the candidate.
- The scholarship is provided for post-doctoral research (a maximum of 1 year), PhD (3 years), Masters (1 or 2 years) and graduate degree (course duration).
What’s included in the expenses
- Tuition fee
- Annual contingency and equipment allowance
- Visa fee
- Annual maintenance allowance
- Medical insurance premium
- Airfare (economy) for one-time
You will need to submit the following documents:
- Janaadhar ID or Enrollment ID
- Aadhar Number or Enrollment ID
- Domicile Certificate
- IT Returns of the father and mother or an affidavit (if father/mother do not file ITR or don’t have Income)
- Offer Letter of Foreign University that was ranked in the QS World Ranking
- Fee Details of the University
- Last Exam Passed Certificate
- Indemnity Bond ( Required at the time of selection) W
How to Apply for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Rajasthan
The application can be submitted through https://hte.rajasthan.gov.in/ using the SSO_ID with Janaadhar ID and Aadhaar ID. Your Janaadhar must have all the details related to caste, income and domicile so that it can be automatically fetched by the system. If you can’t fill out the form yourself, you can get help at the nearest e-Mitra centre.
Step-by-step process to filling out application form for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme
The process to applying for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Academic Excellent is very simple:
- Sign-in into SSO_ID
Once you sign in to your SSO_ID, you should click on Citizen App > Scholarship > Student > Your name.
- Enter Aadhar Number
You will be asked to enter your Aadhar Number. Once you fill it in, you will need to perform OTP verification on your registered mobile number
- Varify Details
The information on the next page will be auto-filled based on your Janaadhar profile. If you find any discrepancies, you need to update the information
Verify all the information and click on submit.
- Create an Application
Now you need to create a new application for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Academic Excellence. Once you click on the scheme link, you will be directed to a form page where you need to provide all the details regarding the course, offer letter university and session. Other details such as passport and visa information also need to provide here.
- Upload ITR
On the next screen, you will be asked to upload the ITR of your parents or an affidavit.
- Receive Application ID
Once you click submit, the system will generate an Application ID and send it to the registered mobile number.
Any graduate, post graduate or research course at any of the top 150 universities according to the QS World ranking.
If you have already availed of the scholarship, you can apply again. A candidate is eligible to avail of it once in a lifetime. However, if you haven’t availed of the scholarship, you can apply again.