Rajasthan University election 2022: Model code of conduct comes into force
Any campaigning material such as posters, banners, hoardings as well as election rallies have been banned. A candidate can spend a maximum of Rs 5,000.
JAIPUR: The model code of conduct has come into force 10 days before the voting for the Rajashtan University student union elections.
Any campaigning material such as posters, banners, hoardings as well as election rallies have been banned. A candidate can spend a maximum of Rs 5,000. Any student leader who spends more than the prescribed limit can be banned from contesting elections.
RU’s DSW has constituted a team to ensure that the student leaders follow the Lyngdoh Committee recommendations in this regard. The team will take an action against the student leaders who violate the rules.
The current students and those who have already secured admission will be able to vote in the election. No new admission lists will be released before the voting.
If a student leader is found guilty of violating the model code of conduct will be banned from contesting elections. The RU administration has also formed a committee to maintain law and order on the campus. The committee will monitor the campus.
The following are some of the restrictions that have come into force with the model code of conduct:
- No posters, banners, loudspeakers and campaign rallies on the campus.
- The age limit to contest elections is 22 years for undergraduate students, 25 years for post-graduate students and 28 years for research students.
- A minimum 75% attendance would be mandatory to qualify to contest the election.
- The candidate must be a regular student of the university or its affiliated colleges.
- The students with a criminal record will not be eligible to contest the election.
- The election expenditure must not exceed Rs 5,000.