Rajasthan polls 2018: Congress releases manifesto, includes 400 promises
PCC Chief Sachin pilot said that the Congress government will waive off farmers’ loan in 10 days. The pension will be provided to elderly farmers. Education will be imparted to women free of cost.
Jaipur: The Congress party released its election manifesto for the upcoming Rajasthan assembly polls on Thursday.
The manifesto named as ‘Jan Goshna Patra’’ has more than 400 announcements. PCC Chief Sachin pilot said that the Congress government will waive off farmers’ loan in 10 days. The pension will be provided to elderly farmers. Free lifetime education will be imparted to women.
PCC Chief Sachin pilot said that the election manifesto is not just words but are commitments to people. The party received around two lakh suggestions related to the manifesto on social media and other platforms.
The manifesto was released in the presence of Pilot, former Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot, chairman of the manifesto committee Harish Chaudhary and other senior leaders at the party office in Jaipur.
Party chief Pilot said that the document has been carefully crafted after taking into account around 2 lakh suggestions from people through various mediums and platforms.
Some salient points of Congress election manifesto ‘Jan Goshna Patra’:
- Congress party will work towards removing farmer equipment from the ambit of GST.
- A separate board will be formed to administer ‘Gauchar Bhoomi’ (land).
- The party will bring and implement Journalist Protection Act
- The Congress government will provide jobs to youths, free lifetime education to women and the right to health to each citizen.
- The party will give Rs 3,500 monthly allowance to unemployed youths in the state.
- The party will set up a committee for time-bound implementation of the manifesto.
- Congress government will waive off farmers’ loan in 10 days, as already announced by Congress president Rahul Gandhi earlier.
- The Congress, if comes to power, will give pension to the elderly farmers.
The Congress party announced earlier that the Congress manifesto will be a public manifesto. The party had sought opinions from the public on social media and in general. After the process, the manifesto was finalized.
The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) released its election manifesto named as ‘Rajasthan Gaurav Sankalp Patra’ on Tuesday.
The Rajasthan polls are scheduled on December 7 and the results will be out on December 11.