Rajasthan Excise Policy – 2021-22 released; Beer to get cheaper
Jaipur: The finance department of the Rajasthan government released the new Excise Policy 2021-22. In the policy, a decrease of 10% in the additional excise duty for beer was announced. The beer price will be reduced by Rs 30-35 due to the decrease. Bars will be allowed to operate micro-breweries. Some more relaxations were given in the excise policy.
Officials said that the government is expecting to generate a revenue of Rs 13,000 crore from the sale of alcoholic beverages. For transparency, online action will be held for each of the 7665 shops in Rajasthan.
Click the following link to read the Excise Policy document released by the finance department: Rajasthan Excise Policy 2021-22
Here are some notable announcements made in the Excise Policy:
- No increase in the number of liquor shops
- No more than 2 shops in a district and no more than 5 shops in the state to be allotted to the same person.
- 10% reduction of Additional Excise Duty on Beer.
- No more Covid-surcharge all Excise Items except IMFL and BIO (Bottled in Origin).
- MRP on beer has been reduced.
- No Special Vend Fees, and Annual License Fees on IMFL and Beer shops in urban areas.
- Advance Deposit amount reduced from 14.5% to 8% to increase liquidity.
- Basic License Fees of Hotels, Restaurants and Club Bar would remain as per the year 2020-21. 10% deduction of license fees is allowed for the year 2021-22.
- Advance License Fees will be 10% for new applicants of bars.
- Hotels and Restaurant having license of local bodies/authorities will be entitled to apply for bar license.
- Sanction of additional counters in the Bars will be done on auto-approval mode.
- Bar Licensees will be allowed to establish and operate Micro-Brewery.
- Timings for retail license shop shall be from 10 am to 8 pm.
- 5 Dry Days: Republic Day, Mahaveer Jayanti, Martyr’s Day 30th January, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti.