Rajasthan: Dungarpur on top in cleanliness drive; leaves Indore behind
Indore, which is the cleanest city of the country is down a notch from Dungarpur, making it a big achievement for Rajasthan. The city is now expected to bring pride to the state in the Swachh Survekshan 2019.
- Five teams clean the city in four to five hours at night at different major locations, daily.
- Wet and dry waste is collected separately from the houses in the city for which two separate buckets have been provided to every household by the city council.
- The wet and dry waste is completely disposed of in the garbage management center, which is situated 5 km away from the city.
- Six tons of dry waste and nine tons of wet garbage are collected daily form the city.
- Two large RO plants were set up to provide clean water to the city.
- Empty plots all over the city are clean. If any garbage is found in an empty plot then the owner gets penalized with Rs 5000.
- Two Biogas plants have been set up to make proper use of wet waste and animal sewage, which generates electricity of up to 4 KVA capacity daily.
- Every day, 5000 Chapattis are collected from the house through hooper, which is then taken to the cows.
- If any complaint comes to the council related to the damaged road light then the respective company gets imposed a fine of Rs 50. Of which, Rs 25 is given to the complainant and rest Rs 25 to the council.