Rajasthan Budget 2021 highlights: DLC rates slashed by 10%; no new tax imposed
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot presented the state budget: 2021-22 in the assembly on Wednesday. In a major announcement, Gehlot slashed DCL rates 10% and reduced the registry rates for flats priced up to Rs 50 lakh to 4% from the existing 6%. No new tax was imposed as a major relief to people during the COVID-19 situation.
As expected, agriculture, health, and education got the priority in budget announcements. Gehlot said that the government would present the agriculture budget separately from the next financial year.
Follow this link to get the full budget speech. Rajasthan Budget – 2021 Speech
Here are the highlights of the budget:
- Every family to get Rs 5 lakh health insurance and cashless treatment facility
- No new taxes
- Tax exemptions in different categories.
- The state government employees to get the salary not paid during the COVID-19 situation.
- DLC rates slashed by 10% to give a boost to the real estate sector. Stamp duty for flats priced up to Rs 50 lakh reduced by 2%.
- Free sanitary pads for all women in Rajasthan.
- New entity to be formed for agricultural power supply.
- Farmers to get power bills every alternate month.
- State Health Bill to be introduced.
- SMS Hospital to get a new pediatric surgery department, neurology department, and oncology department.
- Medical tourism center to be opened on PPP mode
- Nursing colleges to be opened in 25 districts
- 133 types of medical tests to be performed free of cost in district hospitals
- Girl students to get uniforms and books free of cost
- A think tank centre to be opened in Jodhpur with an investment of Rs 400 crore.
- Free Internet connection and wi-fi in government boarding schools.