Private universities in Rajasthan to provide details of admission, degrees
Measures to ensure they don’t indulge in fraudulent activates
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government has made it mandatory for private universities to provide details of admissions, results and students being enrolled at the start and end of the each academic year. Except for the fee that will be charged from the students, private universities in Rajasthan will have to provide all the details, so that their activities could be monitored.
Following are some of the measures that the private universities will have to follow:
- Announcing the last date for admission and providing its details to the government.
- Linking the admission process with Adhaar Card
- All the details of students who were enrolled
- Details of degrees distributed by the university
- Making the details of degrees available online on the university’s website
These measures have been taken to ensure that private universities don’t indulge in fraudulent activates.
The SOG had busted a gang linked to a private university in Jodhpur that provided fake degrees to students in exchange of money.
Only regular faculty members will now be allowed to guide research work by students. Private universities have been barred from appointing Rajasthan government lecturers as research guides.