Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) election result: Live updates
Counting of votes to begin at 1 pm
Jaipur: Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) of Udaipur went to the polls on Monday. The counting of votes began at 1 pm. Keep coming back to this page for live updates throughout the day.
- Bhawanishankar Boriwal of ABVP defeated Ronak Garg of NSUI by a margin of 167 votes. Boriwal got 3278 votes.
- Dinesh Dangi of ABVP was elected vice president. He got 3736 votes. His contender Rajendra Salvi got 1813 votes, while Hansa Raiger got 304 votes.
- Shivnarayan Jat of NSUI was elected general secretary and got 2160 votes. He defeated Himanshu Jain by margin of 260 votes.
- Bharati Kanwar of NSUI was elected joint secretary. She got 2374 votes.
- Arts College. President – Mahesh Rot, vice president – Kailash Chandra Kulmi, general secretary – Pankaj Kharol and joint secretary – Raju Van Jogi
- Science College: President – Kartik Singh Yadav, Vice president – Rajendra Sirwi, general secretary – Harish Kalal, joint secretary – Hitendra Singh Chouhan
- Commerce College: President – Himanshu Panwar, vice president – Bhaskar Purohit, general secretary – Avantika Bhitoli and joint secretary – Poonam Sharma
- Law College: president – Naveen Maineria, vice president – Sakshi Pandya, general secretary – Ravi Parmar, joint secretary – Zamin Patidar
- ABVP dominated in Udaipur district’s four colleges including MG College, Sarada, Kanod and Salumbar.
- NSUI won only in one college in Jhadol.
- The results came out by 9 pm.
- Maniraj has been elected the president of MPUAT student union.
- ABVP bagged all the four posts in Meera Girls College. Shivani Soni was elected president.
- Dinesh Raj Tanwar was declared the president of MPUAT’s Rajasthan Agriculture College.
- Dipak Meghwal was elected president of Dairy College.
- Krishna Menaria was elected president of Guru Nanak College.
The voting percentage in MLSU was 62.21. The voting percentage at Science College was the highest at 67. It was 66% for Commerce College, 63% for Law College and 50.50% for Arts College.
Ronak Garg of NSUI is contesting the election against Bhawani Shankar of ABVP for the post of president in MLSU.
For the post of vice-president, NSUI has fielded Rajendra Salvi, while ABVP has fielded Dinesh Dangi. Independent candidate Hansa Raigar is also in the fray.
Shivnarayan Jat of NSUI is fighting the election against Nirmal Singh Rao of ABVP. For the post of joint secretary, NSUI’s Bharati Kanwar is in the fray against Pushkar Meghwal of ABVP. Nishant Pahad is fighting the election as an independent candidate.
While the voting took place at other universities in the state on August 28, the universities in Udaipur division went to the polls on Monday. The student union elections in Udaipur division were postponed due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit. The counting of votes for student unions in all universities including those in Udaipur will take place from 1 pm on Monday.