Mobile app launched for RTE admissions in Rajasthan
Parents can download ‘Rajasthan Private School’ app and apply for admission under RTE.
Jaipur: The process of free admission in private schools under the Right to Education (RTE) act will begin from Thursday. You can not only apply online using RTE website, but also use a mobile app for the first time to secure admission of your child in a school under RTE. The education department has released guidelines, making it clear for schools to accept applications made through the mobile app.
Parents can download ‘Rajasthan Private School’ app on Google Play Store. This app guides applicants through the entire process on how to apply for admission. Alternatively you can apply online on RTE website:
Parents can apply in any private school, except those institutions which give admission to student from minority community. A school has to reserve 25 percent of the total seats for students from poor background.
Parents whose annual income is Rs 1 lakh or less can apply for free education under RTE.
Here is the admission schedule announced by the government:
- Private schools have to advertise school admission by April 13
- Parents can apply online for admission by April 30.
- 25 percent of the students will be ensured free education under the Right to Education.
- The online lottery for students seeking admission under RTE will take place on May 2.
- Parents will have to approach the school by May 8.
- Schools can give admissions from May 9.
- School will have to give admission to students by July 31.
By providing this online admission facility, the state government wants to ensure that parents don’t have to waste their time and money on visiting several schools.