City Reports

[VIDEO] Major fire breaks out at HashTag Restro Bar; tragedy averted

Two security guards fell unconscious when they got stuck in the fire, fire department officials said. The rescuers roped in a snorkel ladder to douse the fire.

March 20, 2019, 11:09 am

hashtag restro bar fire

HashTag Restro Bar located on the fourth floor of Falicity Tower was gutted in major fire on Tuesday. (Video grab)

Jaipur: A major fire broke out at Hastag Restro Bar located on the fourth floor of Felicity Tower on Sahkar Marg in Jaipur early on Wednesday. Two security guards fell unconscious when they got stuck in the fire, fire department officials said. The rescuers roped in a snorkel ladder to douse the fire. The properties worth lakhs of rupees were completely gutted. The officials said that the cause of fire is being ascertained. The control room received the information about the fire around 3 am on Wednesday. Police teams from Jyoti Nagar and Ashok Nagar police station also rushed to the spot. Chief fire officer Jagdish Prasad Fulwari supervised the rescue operation.
Controlling the fire on the fourth floor of the building was a challenge for the rescue teams. A snorkel ladder was called in. The rescuers broke open the windows of the building to gain entry. “The fire was out of control for a while. We had to use all the available resources and called in 15 fire tenders from different fire stations of the city. The rescue operation went on for nearly three hours. We managed to pull the security guards out of the building. It could have turned catastrophic, had there been people in the restro bar,” said a senior fire department officer. The cause of fire was apparently short circuit, however further investigation is on.

First published: March 20, 2019