JNVU election result: Live Updates
The counting of votes for the apex panel is taking place at MBM Engineering College.
Jaipur: The results for Jai Narain Vyas University (JNVU) election -2017 will come out today. The counting of votes has begin 1 pm. Keep coming back to this page for live updates.
- Kanta Gwala of NSUI defeated Rajendra Singh of ABVP by a margin of 2458 votes for the presidential post. She became the first woman president in the history of JNVU student union elections.
- Virendra Singh got 1057 votes.
- Anuja Vishnoi got 935 votes.
- Pawan Kumar got 142 votes
- NOTA: 61 votes
- Kanta Gwala is considered a staunch supporter of former Rajasthan minister Ashok Gehlot.
- NSUI has bagged the presidential post after a gap of five years.
- The counting ended at 9.45 pm.
- NSUI won the entire panel.
- Hukmaram was elected vice president
- Ashok Bhati was elected general secretary.
- Dinesh Vishnoi was elected joint secretary.
- Kanta Gwala is heading for a big win. She was racing ahead of her closest contender right from the first round of the counting of votes. By the fourth round, she had bagged 4148 votes of the total nearly 8000 votes.
- All the five rounds for the post of general secretary and joint secretary have been finished.
- NSUI is ahead of ABVP for all posts.
- Kanta Gwala of NSUI is racing ahead of Rajendra Singh. Till reports last came in, she was 1189 votes ahead of Singh.
- Hukmaram is set to win by a big margin for the post of vice president.
- Priyanka Bishnoi was elected the president of KN College. Chanchal Rankawat has been elected vice president and Deepa joint secretary.
- Bhajan Lal Meghwal elected R.R. Bhajanlal got 101 votes while his opponent Hukumaram got 86 votes.
- Mohit Garg was elected RR of MBM College for first year, Hemant Khatrif or second year, Mukesh Rajpurohit for third year, Hemant Parihar for fifth year and Anshumali Parashar for fifth year.
- In Commerce department, Himanush was elected RR for first year, Lavjeet Gehlot for second year, Dilkhush Kachhava for third year and Saif Ali for PG.
- In Law department, Bharati Jangir was elected RR for first year, Arvin for second year, Pooran Singh for third year.
- The counting of votes for the apex panel is taking place in MBM Engineering College.
- The counting for KN College and Evening Institute is taking place at the respective colleges.
- The counting is being done in the presence of candidates and under the coverage of CCTVs.
The direct fight is between NSUI – 1 and ABVP candidates. Rajendra Singh Inda of ABVP is contesting the election against Kanta Gwala of NSUI – 1 for the post of president. If Kanta wins, she will script history of being elected the first woman president of JNVU.
Also in the fray is Virendra Prata who is relying heavily on caste equations. He and his supporters claim that he has got votes from not only Rajput students, but also votes of SC/ST communities.
The fight is triangle with ABVP, NSUI and SFI fielding strong candidates. Anuja Vishoni is contesting the election for the top post from NSUI – 2.