Jaipur: Water connection norms relaxed for 15-meter high multi-storey buildings
More than 50,000 flat owners to benefit from the relaxation.
Last Updated: June 16, 2017, 1:00 pm
Jaipur: PHED will provide water connection to multi-story buildings with a maximum height of 15 meters under general category without any additional costs or levy. The building may have stilt parking or underground floors but for flat owners to take advantage of this latest relaxation by the PHED, the only condition is that the building’s height should not be more than 15 meters. Flat owners will be able to get independent water connection in these buildings. The decision has brought cheers to more than 50,000 flat owners living in about 5,000 G-plus-2 apartment buildings in the city. PHED additional chief secretary JC Mohanty issued an order in this regard on Thursday. These flat owners will be exempted from restrictions imposed in multi storey building policy implemented in December, 2016. Some of these restrictions are as follow:
- The levy imposed for water connection in these buildings is Rs 42 per square meter.
- If the feasibility report prepared by the department comes out negative, then at least 50 percent of the flat owners have to apply for water connection simultaneously.
- In cases of negative feasibility report, the flat owners and local residents have to bear 50 percent of the cost related to lying of pipeline and equipment.
- The building has to be approved by JDA and JMC.
- The housing society should also be registered.
- A certificate for a water harvesting system and recycling plant in the building also have to be submitted
First published: June 16, 2017