Jaipur: The low floor buses of Jaipur City Transport Service Limited (JCTSL) have been running illegally in the city for the past two years. JCTSL submitted a registration request for ‘route permit’ to the transport department but never actually got it approved.
Sources said that the JCTSL officials and transport officials completely forgot about it.
Transport Minister Pratap Singh Khachariyawas directed the department after the school bus accident took place in Karauli that no bus will run on the road without fitness and permission certificate.
However, the low floor buses have been running without the required permits for a long time.
RTO official Rajendra Verma said the matter has come to the light for the first time. The route permit will be released for all the low floor buses running in the city.
• Bus number 1: Mini Alka, Chomu Puliya, Panipech, Chandpole, Badi Chaupar and Galta.
• Bus number 1-A: VKI, Alka, Chomu Puliya, Panipech, Chandpole, Badi Chaupar and Galta.
• Bus number 9-A: Vijay Path, Shipra Path, Maharani Farm, Durgapura, Tonk Phatak, Rambagh, Ajmeri Gate, Sanganeri Gate, Badi Chaupar and Chandpole.
• Bus number AC-3: Chomu Puliya, Railway Station, Ajmeri Gate, Gopalpura and Sanagner Thana
• Bus number 37 mini: 200 feet, Metro, Vijay path, Muhana Mandi, Malpura gate
• Bus number 28: Tonk Phatak, Durgapura, Sanganer thana, Malpura Gate, Balawala.
• Bus number 30: Jorawar singh gate and Ramgarh mod
• Bus number 32: Bakhar paradise, Vardhaman nagar, Gopalpura, Rambagh, Ajmeri Gate, ghat gate, Transport Nagar
• Bus number 34 mini: Maharani farm, Durgapura, Railway station, Triveni Nagar, Gopalpura, Rambagh, Ajmeri gate, Badi Chaupar
• Bus number 37 mini: 200 feet, Metro, Vijaypath, Muhana mandi, Muhanan Gaav
• Bus number 38 mini: Panchayawala puliya, Karni palace, Nursery circle, Amrapali circle, Gandhipath, Purani chungi, Sodala, Rambagh, Ajmeri gate, Gurudwara mod, Barfkhana.