Jaipur International Film Festival to award film makers in 6 new categories
JIFF to celebrate 10th anniversary in 2018.
Jaipur: Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF) has started receiving submissions from film makers and directors from across the world. Film makers and directors can submit their movies in any of the several categories to compete in this one of the biggest film festivals in India. JIFF will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2018.
JIFF-2018 has introduced six new categories for film submissions.
- Jaipur Critics: This is best feature film award category. Critics will judge films and announce winners in this category.
- Honorary Asia: Film makers and directors from Asia who have directed or produced at least five feature films can submit in this category.
- Welcome Regard: First-time film makers and directors who have either made a film or will make one for the first time can submit in this category.
- Web Series: Feature films released as a series on the World Wide Web can compete in this category.
- Mobile Film: Films shot using mobile phones can be submitted in this category. The films should be on social issues.
- JIFF Village International: This category has been reserved for film academies and their students all over the world.
According to the JIIFF organizers, the festival get the talent of experienced as well budding film makers and directors out to the world. At least 10 films have received National Film Awards and one feature film have received Academy Award (Oscar) after being awarded at the Jaipur International Film Festival in previous years.
The Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF) is held annually in Jaipur since 2009. The festival is conducted by the Jaipur International Film Festival Trust. The Jaipur International Film Festival started in 2009 under Hanu Roj.