Jaipur: Here is how to book train tickets for unreserved coaches with mobile app
Application will be available for passengers to download in a few days. Jaipur will be the first station to get this facility. The development work related to this is in the rapid pace and will be completed this month as per Railway officials.
Jaipur: NWR (North Western Railways) will soon introduce a new mobile application named ‘Utson’ so that people can book unreserved coaches of trains using their mobile phone.
The mobile application will soon be available on Google play store. Indian Railway department is taking this step to facilitate passengers who generally travel in unreserved coaches.
Application will be available for people to download by the end of this month. Jaipur will be the first station to get this facility. The development work related to this is under progress and will be completed this month, according to the NWR officials.
At present, tickets can be booked online, only for reserved coaches. Passengers traveling in general coaches are supposed to buy the tickets from the ticket window at a railway station.
But after the launch of the app, passengers will not have to stand in long queue to buy tickets in unreserved coaches. They will be able to book tickets easily on their phones. With the booking of unreserved tickets, the application will provide the functions of issuing platform tickets, deleting of booked tickets, tracking of booking history and maintaining of R- Wallet.
Passengers will not have to take the printed ticket with them. They can show the booked ticket from their mobile to the TC. (Ticket collector)
The process to book unreserved tickets from mobile\PC:
- A passenger will need to download an app ‘Utson’, which will be available on Google play store and Windows. It’s free of cost application.
- A passenger will have to fill his\her Name, Mobile number, City, default booking, category, type of ticket, number of passengers etc to get their registration done.
- An SMS will be received on passengers’ mobile number for Login ID and Password.
- After the registration, A Rail wallet (R-wallet) will be created for the passenger in the app, through which payment will be done.
- Passengers will be able to add money in the wallet from this following link www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in
Guidelines to book tickets online:
- Boarding station should be less than 5km of range to book online ticket for unreserved coaches through the app.
- Tickets will be booked on the date of journey. Option for advance booking of tickets will not be available.
- GPS location of the passenger will be tracked by the department to ensure any malpractice.