Jaipur Airport closure: 30 flights to get affected
The work will continue till May 31, but the flights will be affected in the daytime till March 24 only. The remaining work will be undertaken during the night from March 25 to May 1.
Jaipur: The Jaipur International Airport will remain closed from 10.30 am to 6 pm every day from March 1 as a new taxi track is being built. While the work on the construction of the track will likely happen in the daytime till March 24, the remaining work will happen during the night till May. At least 30 flights will be affected over the next three months.
The Jaipur Airport doesn’t have a tax track parallel to the runway. Once the tax track is constructed, landings and takeoffs will be possible simultaneously. The taxi track will be constructed from ATC tower to Jagatpura nullah. The work will continue till May 31, but the flights will be affected in the daytime till March 24 only. The remaining work will be undertaken during the night from March 25 to May 1, according to the airport authorities.
At least 13 flights won’t operate till March 24 and some flights will be rescheduled. From March 25, the work will happen from 10 pm to 5am. At least flights won’t operate during this period.
The development work will snap the air connectivity to four cities completely. There is only fight each for Agra, Jodhpur, Indore and Jammu. Passengers will have to take connecting flights for these cities. International flights will be affected mostly from March 25 when the work will be undertaken in the night. These flights will be rescheduled.
Flights that won’t operate between March 1 and March 24:
- Mumbai (G8-492) at 355 pm.
- Mumbai (9W-2054) at 4.20 pm
- Delhi (9W-2416) at 5 pm
- Udaipur (9W–2261) at 4.05 pm.
- Indore (9W-2267) at 4.10 pm.
- Mumbai (6E-264) at 12 pm
- Hyderabad (6E-914) at 5.35pm
- Chennai (6E-569) at 2.05 pm
- Jammu (6E-913) at 1.35 pm
- Ahmedabad (6E-913) at 12.55 pm
- Jodhpur (SG-2892) at 12.50 pm
- Agra (AI-9687) at 11.15 am
- Delhi (AI-9688) at 1.35 am
Flights that won’t operate between March 25 and May 31
- Bengaluru (6E-169) at 4 am
- Chennai (6E-736) at 10.20 pm
- Pune (6E-116) at 10.10 pm
- Kolkata (I5-587) at 10.45pm
Flights to be rescheduled
- AirAsia’s Bangkok flight (FD-131) at 11.30 pm to be rescheduled to take off at 9.45pm
- AirAsia’s Kuala Lumpur flight (D7–185) at 11.15 pm to take off at 12pm
- Thai Smile’s Bangkok flight (WE-344) at 2.15 am to take off at 6.05 am
- Air Arabia’s Sharjah flight (J9-436) at 4 am to take off at 5.50 am.