Elephant rides at Amer Palace and Hathi Village in Jaipur get costlier; New prices here
For a ride, two people will now be charged Rs 3500, up from the previous fee.
JAIPUR: Elephant rides at Amer Palace and Hathi (Elephant) Village will now cost more.
For a ride, two people will now be charged Rs 3500, up from the previous fee. The move aims to support the mahout and their families. Previously, elephant owners received Rs 850 per ride, but with the new rates, they will earn Rs 2500.
Additionally, Hathi Village has raised its entry fee by Rs 50. Domestic tourists will pay Rs 100, while foreign visitors will be charged Rs 350. These decisions were finalized in a meeting held at Aranya Bhawan on Thursday, which included members of the Elephant Welfare Institute, and officials from the Forest, Archeology, and Tourism Departments.
Key points from the meeting include:
- This is the first fee hike in nine years, effective from October 15.
- The Hathi Village rest house will now belong to RTDC.
- The Amer Palace elephant ride fee has surged from Rs1100 to Rs 3500.
- Hathi Village ride prices have risen from Rs 400 to Rs 3500.
- In the event of an elephant’s death, its owner will receive Rs 5 lakh from the Elephant Welfare Fund.
- The Jaipur Elephant Festival is scheduled for late December or early January.
- The increased Hathi Village entry fee is now Rs 100 for locals and Rs 350 for foreigners, marking a Rs 50 rise.
Now, Permission will be granted for film shooting.
The following are the prices for film shooting at Amer Fort and Hathi (Elephant) Village.
|Description||Indian Company||Foreign Company||Security Deposit Amount|
|Pre-Wedding Shoot and Others||5000||10000||10000|