Ashok Gehlot tipped to be new chief minister of Rajasthan
The announcement followed a high tension drama in Delhi where both the top candidates for the chief ministerial post – Sachin Pilot and Ashok Gehlot – met Rahul Gandhi at the latter’s residence and put forth their claims for the top post.
- The meeting between Congress officials including Avinash Pande, KC Venugopal, and newly elected Congress MLAs started at 11 am in PCC in Jaipur and continued till late evening on Wednesday.
- MLAs passed a single line resolution authorizing Congress president Rahul Gandhi to appoint the chief minister on Wednesday.
- The Congress officials met Governor Kalyan Singh to stake the claim on forming the government at 7 pm on Wednesday.
- All India Congress Committee observer KC Venugopal reached Rahul Gandhi’s residence in Delhi on Thursday morning with the party’s suggestions for next PM. Priyanka Gandhi also reached at Rahul Gandhi’s resident on Thursday.
- Congress President conducted a meeting at his residence on Thursday morning with Congress officials including Avinash Pande and KC Venugopal
- Rahul Gandhi met Sachin pilot and Ashok Gehlot on Thursday.