Ana Sagar Lake, Ajmer: Entry Fee, Boating Price, Timings, Images, How to Reach
Located right in the heart of Ajmer, Ana Sagar (Anasagar) Lake is one of the largest lakes in Rajasthan.
Ana Sagar Lake, Ajmer Entry Fee, Boating Ticket Price
- INR 25
- Normal boat: INR 120/person
- Speed boat: INR 300/person
Ana Sagar Lake, Ajmer Address: Near Circular Road, Ajmer, Rajasthan, 305001, India
Anasagar Lake Jaipur Timings
|Monday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Tuesday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Wednesday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Thursday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Friday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Saturday||6 AM –8 PM|
|Sunday||6 AM –8 PM|
Ana Sagar Lake: History & Interesting Facts
Located right in the heart of Ajmer – a city known for the world-famous shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti – Ana Sagar (Anasagar) Lake is one of the largest lakes in Rajasthan. With the development of the lake included in the Smart City Project, the lake has received a complete facelift over the past few years.
Aravalli Hills surround it. It has become a great place for families because there are many eateries where they can enjoy food while walking around the water and enjoying the beautiful sights of the migratory birds, particularly during the winter season.
Here are some interesting facts about this lake:
- It is an artificial lake built by Arnoraja (alias Ana), the grandfather of Prithviraj Chauhan, in 1135 -1150 AD. The lake derives its name from him.
- The lake is spread over nearly 13 km and has a maximum depth of about 14 feet.
- The lake has been a favourite place for Mughal emperors such as Jahangir and Shah Jahan, While Jahangir contributed to the development of the lake by constructing a heritage structure along it, known as Daulat Bagh garden, Shah Jahan built five baradaris between the garden and the lake.
- There is an island in the middle of the lake accessible only by boats.
- The place now has food zones known as chaupati. The walkways make it extremely easy to enjoy the scenic beauty of the lake.
Things to Do at Ana Sagar Lake
With so much development around Ana Sagar recently, it has become a favourite tourist destination. Here are a few things you would probably like to indulge in when you are here:
- Photography: Don’t forget to bring your camera because the place is basically photography heaven. From birds to water views, particularly during the sunset, is breathtaking.
- Bird watching: This is also one of the best places in the Ajmer region for bird watching. A new bird park has been developed Anasagar Lake for attracting migratory and country birds. You can in fact spot Siberian Pelicans here. Spot Billed Duck, Ibis, Common Myna, Purple Gray Heron, Egret (White Grey), Moorhen, Mallard, Common Teal, Ruff, Kingfisher, Spoon Bill, Spot Billed Duck, Northern Showler and birds of many species are also spotted here.
- Food: There are many eateries around the place where you can the best street food and dishes. Many restaurants and shopping malls are also within walking distance from Anasgar.
Best time to visit Anasgar
The best time to visit Anasagar is in the winter months – from October to March. The reason is the weather is cool and a lot of migratory birds can be spotted here during this period. You can easily spend 4-5 hours at the lake.
How to Reach Ana Sagar from Jaipur
Ana Sagar is about 130 km from the centre of Jaipur city. You can drive to the place in about 2.3 hours.
Ajmer is well-connected with Jaipur and there are plenty of transport options. You can travel to Ajmer by bus or train. You can also hire a taxi if you are in a group.
Ana Sagar Lake location on map
<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d14285.207433058396!2d74.6224693!3d26.47822405!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x396be7a71d0b5937%3A0xb2dece2f1a2b9579!2sAnasagar%20Lake!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sin!4v1658915523719!5m2!1sen!2sin” width=”600″ height=”450″ style=”border:0;” allowfullscreen=”” loading=”lazy” referrerpolicy=”no-referrer-when-downgrade”></iframe>