City Reports

12-year-old boy electrocuted outside school after coming in contact with Neem tree

pinkcitypost author img

March 12, 2022, 10:21 am

dead body death

Representative Image

Jaipur: The negligence of the electricity department claimed the life of a 12-year-old boy in Bharatpur district. He was electrocuted when he came in contact with a tree that had electric current flowing through it. The tree was outside the school. He was waiting under the tree for the school to open. The family members have lodged a police complaint accusing the electricity department of negligence.

The incident took place in Iklahara village located in the Kaithwara area of ​​Bharatpur. The child, identified as Anshu, was waiting for the school to open. While waiting, he sat under the neem tree. An overhead electricity wire was in contact with the tree which caused an electric current to flow through the wood.

As soon as Anshu touched tree, he was electrocuted. The doctors declared him brought dead.

Anshu, a resident of the village, studied in the government school. Anshu arrived at the school a bit early, so it was closed. He waited for the school to open. An 11 KV line overhead touched the neem tree.

Anshu fainted as soon as he touched the tree. Some passers-by spotted him lying unconscious and rushed him to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.

The family members of the child were inconsolable and accused the electricity department of negligence.

First published: March 12, 2022