11 must-know facts about Jaipur-Delhi Vande Bharat Express
Those Jaipur residents who travel between the two cities frequently for business and other reasons are eagerly looking forward to the train's launch.
JAIPUR: Jaipur-Delhi Vande Bharat Express will commence operations between Jaipur and Delhi soon. Those Jaipur residents who travel between the two cities frequently for business and other reasons are eagerly looking forward to the train’s launch. Here are some interesting facts you should know about this much-awaited train:
- Will operate six days a week between Delhi and Ajmer (off on Wednesdays)
- 16 passenger cars with a total capacity of 1,196 passengers
- Seating arrangement: 3X2 in chair cars (78 seats per car) and 2X2 in executive class cars (52 seats per car)
- Fares: INR 800 (chair car) and INR 1,800 (executive class) for Jaipur to Delhi
- Amenities: revolving chairs, automatic sliding doors, fully air-conditioned coaches, temperature controllers, display boards, mini pantry
- Vistadome coach: revolving chairs that rotate 180 degrees
- Automatic sliding doors with beeping alerts at stations
- Temperature control button and cooling control switch near seats
- Display boards for station announcements, emergency numbers, and essential information
- Announcement speakers for verbal updates
- Mini pantry providing breakfast; executive class ticket includes pantry and food rates
According to the railway’s schedule, the Vande Bharat train will operate six days a week between Delhi and Ajmer, with a day off on Wednesdays for maintenance.
The train will have 16 passenger cars, accommodating a total of 1,196 passengers. The seating arrangement in each passenger car will be 3X2, with 78 seats per car. Two executive class cars will also be available, featuring a 2X2 seating arrangement and accommodating 52 passengers each.
Fares for the chair car and executive class will vary, with chair car fares from Delhi to Varanasi currently set at approximately INR 1,800 and executive class fares at more than INR 3,000. The fare from Jaipur to Delhi is expected to be around INR 800 for the chair car and INR 1,800 for the executive class, including reservation, superfast, GST, and catering charges.
The Vande Bharat train will offer various amenities, such as revolving chairs, automatic sliding doors, fully air-conditioned coaches, temperature controllers, display boards, and a mini pantry. Passengers will also enjoy the Vistadome coach, featuring revolving chairs that can rotate 180 degrees, allowing travelers to face the direction in which the train is moving.
Automatic sliding doors, similar to those found in the metro, will open and close upon arrival and departure from stations, with beeping alerts for passengers. The train will be fully air-conditioned, with a central system maintaining a comfortable temperature throughout the journey. Each coach will be equipped with a temperature control button, and passengers will also have access to a cooling control switch near their seats.
Display boards in every coach will announce upcoming stations, display emergency numbers, and provide essential information. Announcement speakers will also be installed for verbal updates. A mini pantry will be available on the train, offering breakfast for passengers. The executive class ticket will include pantry and food rates, similar to flights. These amenities aim to provide a comfortable and enjoyable journey for passengers traveling between Delhi and Ajmer.